Conceptual Models > Incorporation PHREEQC in programming languages

Compiling PhreeqcRM

(1/9) > >>

Zhaoyang:
Dear all,

I am a beginner working on coupling PhreeqcRM with a transport model. I met a problem when compiling PhreeqcRM. I can build ALL_BUILD and INSTALL successfully as indicated in README.TXT. However, an error occurred when building RUN_TESTS (see attached screenshot). Does anyone know how to slove this problem? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Zhaoyang Luo

dlparkhurst:
When you get the errror, if you look along the bottom of Visual Studio, there is a row of tabs. I think the "Error List" tab is being shown. If you click the "Output" tab, you will see more information about the error.

You may see this error:

1>CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:37 (file):
1>  file cannot create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/PhreeqcRM/lib.  Maybe
1>  need administrative privileges.

If so, you may need to rerun CMake and set the variable MAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX. I usually use ./INSTALL.

Zhaoyang:
Hi,

I have checked the Output tab (attached below) and found that the error isn't the one you have mentioned. Despite this, I have rerun Cmake and reset the variable MAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, but it still does't work.

Best regards,
Zhaoyang

dlparkhurst:
I guess you will have to get some debugging practice.

Build debug PhreeqcRM. Set the configuration to Debug and compile ALL_BUILD.

Set TestRM to be the startup project. Right click on TestRM and "Set as Startup Project".

Right click on TestRM and choose build. I think this should say the project is up to date.

Go to the Debug tab at the top and start debugging. The file main.cpp calls a set of tests in sequence, but I suspect it fails before or in the first test.

charlton:
Hi,

Please upload your CMakeCache.txt file.  It should be located at D:\PhreeqcRM2\CMakeCache.txt.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version